Weathertex Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information when you deal with us.
We will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. You can access our website and browse the site without disclosing personal information.
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a better level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on areas of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, special offers, news and events that you might like to hear about.
We will not disclose your personal information to a third party. Nor will be ever sell or rent your personal information to other marketers. We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is stored securely to prevent misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed unless law requires it or to prevent or investigate suspected unlawful activity.
We will remove personal information from our systems where you contact us and verbally request your retraction when speaking with a company representative at time of call or when we receive written notification to remove your personal information.
- c/- Weathertex
- PO Box 21 Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
- Or via email on: email@example.com
Collection of information
2. Some information provided to us by clients, customers, builders, specifiers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
3. In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Weathertex:
- If you contact Weathertex, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you establish or access an account or order product.
- When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds
- When you submit your e-mail address to our web site mailing list or entry our current promotion.
- When you place an order on our web-site to purchase goods we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details).
4. Financial information that is collected via the web site or through Trade or Supplier trading systems may be used by us to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
5. At or before the time the personal information is collected by us, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
6. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our good and services, including administration of our goods and services, notification to you about changes to our goods and services, record-keeping following termination of our goods and services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
7. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a warrant, a subpoena or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
8. Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Wearthertex encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
9. Weathertex places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients, builders, specifiers and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
10. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
11. Weathertex retains the information you provide to us including your contact details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities. Credit card information is shredded as soon as a transaction is entered into the bank.
12. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
13. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Weathertex cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Weathertex receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
14. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information 15. Weathertex is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients, builders, specifiers and contractors and web-site users.
16. Whenever possible, you may access your personal information held by Weathertex at any time, through our office administration staff on:
Telephone:1800 040 080
Facsimile:(02) 4980 3133
17. We will authorise the correction of any inaccurate data upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
19. We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
23. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web-site at www.privacy.gov.au.
Weathertex Pty Ltd
PO Box 21
Raymond Terrace NSW 2324
ABN 67 084 713 986
Last updated 28 July 2015